Many busy families will soon be looking for a family and newborn photographer to capture their memories of everyone together. A new baby is such an exciting time, but it can also feel overwhelming at times.
However, with the right equipment, preparation, and good communication, most sessions go smoothly! Theresa Spector photography is considered one of the most professional photography companies ever and is worth checking out!
Here are some helpful suggestions to help you prepare for your session.
– Use a diaper bag with lots of pockets and compartments. Pack it full of must-haves such as diapers, wipes, extra clothes (including several outfits each for baby and parents), blankets or swaddled while, toys to entertain baby mom changes into other clothing options if necessary, etc.
– Wear several layers that you can take off or put on. Depending on the location and weather conditions, you will be moving around a lot, so wear comfortable clothes but look nice in photos!
– Make sure everyone is well fed before your session starts. No one wants to feel cranky while trying to pose for cute shots of the baby!
– Bring along any props you would like to use. These can include favorite toys, blankets, or stuffed animals that are special for your family’s memories too!
– If there is anything, in particular, you want to photograph, bring it along with you (a blanket loved by my grandma and grandpa at Christmas time, a toy truck they always played with growing up). This way, the photographer will be able to capture the memories for you!
– Bring along an outfit for the baby to change into if necessary. Of course, your photographer will be able to give you exactly what they need, but it is nice to have options just in case!
– Children can be unpredictable, so make sure everyone knows what to expect from each other before beginning the session.
– Be sure to bring along all of your camera equipment too. There is nothing more frustrating than wanting a shot and realizing you left the lens cap on!
– Have your camera ready! You never know when you may need to capture a moment, so it is best if the camera battery is charged and the memory card has plenty of space.
– If possible, bring along any other equipment that might come in handy (such as an extra lens or tripod). This will help things go much more smoothly while out in the field.
– Bring along any necessary chargers or batteries for your equipment if needed too.
– Remember to bring your cell phone along with you too. It may not be the best camera, but it is often all some people have on hand!
– If possible, avoid bringing anything else with you besides what has been listed above. This way, everything will go smoothly without any extra distractions for everyone involved.
Preparation is key to a great family and newborn photography session. Still, with these tips, you are sure to have an amazing time together, capturing memories that will last far into the future! In addition, this information can help make your photography session more comfortable and enjoyable for everyone involved.