Lately, we have seen more and more expectant women become comfortable with their bodies. They are embracing the idea of photography revealing their pregnancy bumps. This has been the latest trend in photography and with the help of great professional photographers like Maternity Photography, Frisco women can celebrate their growing belly in a print. Let me give you a little history of maternity photography.
A picture of pregnant Demi Moore was published nude on the cover of Vanity Fair magazines. This picture changed how the pregnancy was viewed in pictures, it was now viewed as something to be celebrated and not to be hidden in a mountain of clothes. A couple of times people schedule a pregnancy photoshoot and cancel it at the last minute. We can all agree pregnancy is quite stressful, especially for new mothers. They tend to shy away from as they think ‘who would want their photo to be taken when they look bloated and unattractive?’. They forget pregnancy is natural and beautiful. That’s why Maternity Photography Frisco ensures you get the best pictures during your pregnancy and make you feel beautiful while carrying your little one inside you.
TIPS AND BENEFITS OF MATERNITY PHOTOGRAPHY
As an expectant mum, you might not be feeling or looking your best to be taking photographs. Once your bundle of joy arrives, you’ll feel a great sigh of relief reliving the photos you took while you’re expectant. Pregnancy is a gift that must be celebrated, carefully catered for, and most importantly captured in a photoshoot. We will explore some tips and benefits of taking photographs in your pregnancy:
- When to start the shoot – The experts suggest doing this at the end of your 7th or in your 8th month of pregnancy. At this point, your baby bump is very well developed to show off during the baby shower.
- Find the right photographer – Select an individual with vast experience in photographing expectant mums and newborns. A professional photographer will be efficient in planning and executing the shoot for a beautiful finish. Insist on reviewing their portfolio before you commence the project.
- Props – Consult with your photographer on the best backdrop to use, indoors or outdoors. They will also advise on lighting, color scheme, and designs that stand out.
- Wardrobe – Before any shoot, the priority is for you to be comfortable, confident, and feel beautiful. There are numerous ideas online on the best wardrobe choice that you should wear with style and grace for a successful shoot.
- Alleviate stress – Pregnancy can be a time full of anxiety and stress, especially for new mothers. Any activity that lifts their moods should be entertained. A great photoshoot can do this by bringing your loved ones together to capture the memories. A great shooting scene such as outdoors can be very therapeutic for the mum-to-be.
- Lasting memories – Choosing to capture your pregnancy for posterity is a great idea. The best photographers freeze that special scene and bring out the magical moment spectacularly boosting your confidence and mood. Your child will marvel at these photos as they grow up and treasure them dearly
- Strengthening your relationship bond – A maternity photoshoot is a great way to document the changing dynamics from a couple to a family. It’s also a great way to deflect and deal with the tension that is associated with pregnancy by celebrating the new life you’re introducing to the world. The photoshoot also provides an opportunity for your better half and other family members to bond with the child in utero.
Between the swollen ankles, nausea, the urge to eat everything in sight, and your clothes not fitting anymore. Pregnancy can feel anything but beautiful. It’s been reported that a majority of women have reduced confidence when they are expectant. Nevertheless, a photoshoot might just be what the doctor ordered. Making yourself up, dressing your baby bump to capture the magic of pregnancy can be quite therapeutic. You can start by researching available maternity photographers and reviewing their catalogs and budget. Once you settle on an expert, allow them to highlight the splendor, wonder, and grace of pregnancy. Being expectant is such a gift and you will truly treasure those memories through photos.